Greenroofs are an age old solution to arid urban environments, nowadays they are increasing in popularity due to the many benefits never being more relevant:
- Slow run off to assist local SUDS planning and flood defences
- Remove CO2 and harmful pollutants from the atmosphere.
- Mitigate the Urban Heat Island effect.
- Regulate internal building temperatures.
- Release water naturally through transpiration, improving water quality.
- Create new wildlife habitats for marginalised species.
- Improve building energy efficiency.
- Protect the roof from the elements and prolong its life.
- Improve thermal insulation lowering fuel bills significantly.
- Add value to a property.
- Insulate acoustically, reducing noise levels by up to 8db.
- Create new leisure space.
- Improve the quality of our urban centres and our lifestyle.
- Improve productivity in the workplace